HowToForums.net Forum Index HowToForums.net
An Open Source of Knowledge

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How To Install Request-Tracker 3.8.6 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HowToForums.net Forum Index -> Servers & Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnhcomputing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: How To Install Request-Tracker 3.8.6 on Ubuntu Hardy 8.04 Reply with quote

Same problem as everybody else, can't get the apache2 stuff configured.

I get the dreaded:

You're almost there!
You haven't yet configured your webserver to run RT. You appear to have installed RT's web interface correctly, but haven't yet configured your web server to "run" the RT server which powers the web interface. The next step is to edit your webserver's configuration file to instruct it to use RT's mod_perl, FastCGI or SpeedyCGI handler. If you need commercial support, please contact us at sales@bestpractical.com.

I've read the threads here and over at bestpractical, still cannot figure it out.

I'm trying to use the "FastCGI" method.

I need more basic step-by-step instructions.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HowToForums.net Forum Index -> Servers & Applications All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: